Tuesday, January 02, 2007


Love the giraffee and man on that big pot and to think it only cost $10 to own it!



The Mangyan village! These are the native Filipino's. They live in absolute squaler and yet they seemed content and happy. They're handcrafts are made in the village by hand. The wood is from the jungle, stripped and weaved into these beautiful patterns and sold to the public, it is their only means of income since many of them are non educated and can't read or write. These pictures are all forbidden, it is illegal to take pics. I tried to be as sneaky as possible and wasn't sure what I was going to get, I think I did ok. I love the old woman!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danifesto said...

why was it illegal to take pics?
I had that sense when we were in the Phillippines as well. Here these were the poorest yet happiest people on earth. Makes you re-assess things doesn't it?

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home